A start to the year worth celebrating
It's been an incredible start to this year for Southampton Music Hub — with many achievements worth celebrating.
This half term alone:
- 1,500 new pupils took their first musical steps in First Access
- 460 young musicians have joined or returned one of our 20 ensembles
- 15 looked after children are having music therapy
- 3,400 have taken part in one of our inspiring music experiences with hub partners
- And over 600 people joined our city ensembles and singers in Guildhall Square to celebrate Southampton’s musical diversity
Matt Brombley, Interim Hub Manager at Southampton Music Hub says:
"We're overwhelmed by what an incredible start to the year we've seen. A huge thank you to everyone who supports the work that we do in schools and the community. This is only possible thanks to the incredible dedication of our teachers, schools, families and partners; all working together to bring life-changing music to every child in Southampton."