Southampton Music Hub is using technology for creative digital music and multimedia learning. Music technology is supported in schools and the community, focussed on engaging children and young people who face challenging circumstances through workshops, projects and free resources.
Music/Mobile Tech Project
The Music/Mobile Tech Project is exciting opportunity for young people in Southampton and the Isle of Wight to make music using mobile technology. Following a £30,000 grant from Youth Music, the project will be delivered by Southampton Music Hub and the Isle of Wight Music Hub, in partnership with schools, community centres, pupil referral units, and local council agencies.
The project aims to:
- Improve young people’s composition skills
- Develop young people’s confidence and communication skills
- Improve the understanding and use of mobile technology by setting and music hub staff
The project provides:
- Ten-week composition projects
- Electronic music performances and workshops
- Community workshops
- Free training and resources for staff
Download free music technology resources, including a ten-week project that is supported with planning, video guides and more.
Here are links to some of the free apps used as part of the Music Tech project.
Cross Platform Resources
Not everyone has an iPad at home, so here are some apps to try on other devices you may own.